RISE LTF/EN B
We wanted to develop a glider that is ideal for pilots dreaming of cross-country flying adventures, a glider that helps to build confidence and ambition.
Excellent performance and impressive passive safety were must-have’s but added to that we wanted a glider that is easy to fly, that has precise handling to get the maximum enjoyment in all conditions and that opens up new opportunities for going places.
To develop the glider that we wanted to fly, we based the development proto gliders on the profile of the competition winning PURE. After months of testing and trimming we found a balance between efficiency, safety and handling and the RISE became a reality.
In achieving our development goals of maximum glide, maximum climb, good safety and comfortable flight behaviour, we have produced what is probably the most technically advanced paraglider in the LTF/EN B class.
RISE is aimed at pilots who want to fly long cross-country flights on a wing with good performance, whilst also with security and passive safety to deal with those unexpected moments that may not be exactly as we would like them when 'travelling' by paraglider.
RISE is perfectly suited for the progressing pilot who has experience with a basic glider and is looking for a wing with more performance and agility. It is also an ideal glider for those pilots stepping back from higher rated wings who want performance with greater passive safety. RISE is not aimed at beginner or novice pilots.
At take-off you notice the very simple launch characteristics. With just a gentle pull on the A-risers RISE comes up above the head without a surge and with no tendency to overshoot. On windy launches, once the pilot has inflated the leading edge into a 'wall', the wing will rise up with just with the pilot weight and a small movement of the body.
In the air, the handling is direct but without giving excessive feedback, making the RISE controllable and confidence inspiring to fly. RISE reacts predictably to pilot input building confidence in the wing very quickly.
RISE is easy to weight shift and turns smoothly with light, but progressive pressure on the brakes. When entering thermals RISE gives the sensation of being overhead and biting into rising air which helps to intuitively locate and centre into the core. The wing can be turned flat for efficient climbing but equally with some horizontal ‘brake-shifting’ can be tightly banked to make the most of small thermals.
Brake length is precise (not too long) for a high end LTF/EN B glider and RISE accelerates quickly once the brakes are fully up. The RISE is trimmed to produce great handling combined with the trademark comfort and stability for which AirDesign gliders are becoming known.
A wide useable speed range and high stability in turbulence make the RISE an equally perfect partner for fun flying as well as long cross-country adventures.
Technology straight from the performance class:
• 3-Line-System: A 3-line concept with the inner C lines split to form short D lines. Line attachments are positioned further back as on the LTF/EN-D PURE which improves stability and reduces pitching. Unsheathed 'race’ lines are used in the upper two cascades to reduce drag.
• Polyamide rods in the leading edge keep the profile in perfect shape and improve stability and launch characteristics.
• 3D Cut: a technical sail cutting method used across the leading edge area. This produces improved air flow and increased performance.
• Mini-ribs in the trailing edge improve surface finish and reduce drag.
• The 2-in-1 progressive brake line layout improves climb characteristics. The center brake fan is attached slightly in from the trailing edge to improve climb. At the tips, the line runs through small rings on the trailing edge to gather the tip and assist precise turning whatever the conditions.
• Swivels on brake lines to reduce twisting.
• Performance-style, reinforced 12mm risers with Riley speed bar pulleys, adjustable brake handles and dirt-holes at the wing tips complete the quality finish.
• Top Sail: Porcher Skytex 40
• Bottom Sail: Dominico 30D
• Ribs: Dominico 30D hard
• Top lines: Edelrid 8000/U-090
• Middle lines: Edelrid 8000/U-130
• Main lines: EDELRID 7343-280
Pulleys: RILEY RM302
Maillons: JOO TECH–Korea
• I was blown away (not literally!) by the performance of this ‘high end’ LTF/EN B glider. The sink rate and speed was the best I’ve know on an LTF/EN B glider so far, it is simply a stunning wing and so nice to fly.
• The accelerator on the RISE is smooth on my Impress 2 and I could push it easily all the way with a very good glide angle!
• RISE has a nice firm 'connected' feeling through the controls
• I really love this glider, coming from an LTF/EN-A glider I feel like in home just after few minutes, but with a big difference in terms of performance!
• A much comforting ride under the RISE than other high end LTF/EN-B wings I have tried.
• Top class quality and as good, if not better than anything else out there. The attention to detail is second to none.
Summary: "The RISE fits well in the LTF/EN B class. The wing features technology usually found only in performance gliders and the feeling of performance is transmitted in flight.
In accelerated flight the RISE is a clear winner in terms of performance and sits at the very top of the class. Even in extreme conditions nothing felt unpleasant."
What comes in the box?
AirDesign inner packing bag
AirDesign glider bag (approx.160 litre capacity)
Folder with repair tape, manual and AirDesign stickers